Offering a Variety of Steel Panels for Residential, Commercial and Agricultural Applications in Several Gauges and Profiles
Navigating through the confusing onslaught of product information can be difficult at times. It is also sometimes hard to discern what is fact and what is fiction. We have found that this is mostly true when it comes to information about the steel used on pole buildings. Knowing that some others say whatever it takes to get a sale, we want to explain in full detail what Delmarva Pole Buildings offers you so that you can compare “apples to apples”. (NOTE: All of the information below can be readily verified through independent sources.).
We offer the MS Colorfast45® warranty which fights to prevent fading, decade after decade! The ultimate lifespan of steel roof and wall panels depends on the quality of the coating system that protects it. Inferior coatings will not protect the steel substrate from harsh elements and will be susceptible to corrosion, chalking and color fading. MS Colorfast45® is a multi-layer coating system proven to be superior in every respect layer by layer. They supply superior resin and superior performance, standing the test of time.
In partnership with Metal Sales Manufacturing Corporation; our vendor partners, we offer the following warranty on our metal panels.
Prorated Warranty – Should there be a defect in the paint, a prorated warranty only reimburses a portion of replacement costs, based on the age of the roof. The older the roof, the less the amount covered by the warranty. A prorated 40-year warranty will only cover 50% of the original cost after 20 years have passed.
Non-Prorated Warranty – A non-prorated warranty provides full replacement costs of the metal panel if there is a defect throughout the full term of the warranty.
ALL manufacturers’ 30-40-50 year limited warranties are on the paint itself, not the sheet steel. Delmarva Pole Buildings offers a Lifetime Warranty our panels from Metal Sales. The first 45 years would be Non-Prorated and the subsequent years, pro-rated.
MS Colorfast45® Test Performance & Specifications
• Humidity Resistance – No blistering, cracking, peeling, loss of gloss or softening of the finish after 1200 hours of exposure to 100% humidity at 100ºF ± 5ºF, per ASTM D 2247.
• Chalk Resistance – No chalking greater than 8 rating on vertical applications (7 on non-vertical) per ASTM D 4214-89, Method A test procedure, after 2000 hour Weather-Ometer test.
• Color Change – Finish color coat change not to exceed 5 Hunter units on vertical applications (6 on non-vertical) per ASTM D 2244 test procedure, after the 2000 hour Weather-Ometer test.
• Exterior Weathering – Florida exposure (45º south) and EMMAQUA testing, per ASTM D 4141, Procedure C.
• Abrasion Resistance – Per ASTM D 968, Method A, will pass 30 liters/mil, minimum of falling sand.
• Salt Spray Resistance – Samples diagonally scored and subjected to 5% neutral salt spray per ASTM B 117, then taped with cellophane tape: 1000 hours-no blistering, and no loss of adhesion greater than 1/8” from scoreline. Samples taped 1 hour after removal from test cabinet.
• Chemical Resistance – No significant color change after 24 hours exposure to 10% solutions of hydrochloric and sulfuric acids, per ASTM D 1308, Procedure 7.2, after 2000 hour Weather-Ometer test.
Delmarva Pole Buildings understands that the most important building project is the one you’re working on right now.
Whether you’re building or roofing your own home, agricultural structure, or a commercial facility, there is never a good time to cut corners. Getting it right starts with working with materials that provide durability, versatility, quality workmanship, and a wide range of ENERGY STAR® colors and profiles.
Below are our most popular profiles.
• Panel Coverage: 36”
• Rib Height: 3/4”
• Rib Features: Bell top trapezoidal rib on 9” centers
• Standard Gauge(s): 26 ga. and 29 ga.
• Optional Gauge(s): 24 ga. – This exposed fastened, low-profile panel applies over open framing or solid substrate.
• Available Substrate(s): Open Framing Solid Substrate
• Fastener(s): Exposed Fastened
• Standard Finish(es): PVDF (Kynar 500®) MS Colorfast45®Acrylic Coated Galvalume® Bare Galvanized
• Minimum Slope Requirement: 3:12
• Other Notes: Exposed fastened, low profile panel
Image II™ (Standing Seam)
• Panel Coverage: 12”, 16”
• Rib Height: 1”
• Standard Gauge(s): 26 ga.
• Optional Gauge(s): 24 ga. – Like all Standing Seam Roof panels, our panel delivers a clean, linear elegance paired with unmatched quality for a dependable, long-lasting and beautiful roof. As a direct concealed-fastened option, Image II™ provides the benefit of the same great look at a more economical price.
• Available Substrate(s): Solid Substrate
• Fastener(s): Standing Seam Roof Concealed Fastened
• Standard Finish(es): PVDF (Kynar 500®) MS Colorfast45® Acrylic Coated Galvalume®
• Minimum Slope Requirement: 3:12
• Other Notes: Applies over a solid substrate with 30# felt underlayment.
Ready to Get Started?